Lesson : Biology Chapter 1: What is Biology?
$10 for unlimited use in an eTeach portal within your school/organization. (see terms below)
This lesson reviews what biology is. Biologists seek answers to questions about living things. For example, a biologist might ask how plants, such as California poppies, convert sunlight into chemical energy that can be used by the plants to maintain life processes. Biologists use many methods to answer their questions about life. Add this lesson to one of your courses and students will gain an understanding of the questions and answers of biology, and how the answers are learned.
The lesson includes:
- A downloadable version of the chapter
- 5 question quizzes for each of the three sections covered in the chapter
- A video lecture on what biology is (14 minutes, 34 seconds)
- 4 question quizzes reviewing the main points of each section in the chapter
- A video lecture on methods of biology (14 minutes, 56 seconds)
- A downloadable outline of the scientific method
- A video lecture on the nature of biology (12 minutes, 35 seconds)
- A downloadable assessment worksheet covering chapter 1
- An essay on real world issues in biology
This lesson is traditionally delivered using an experienced teacher to give the participant feedback on their exercise responses. The licensee of this lesson can easily change the text to make it a completely learner directed, asynchronous delivery model.
By licensing this lesson you receive full access for unlimited use and editing within your own eTeach portal. This lesson is fully owned by G2 Collective, Inc. and cannot be resold or distributed outside of the terms of this license or on any platform that is not eTeach. To do this, a separate license is required. By purchasing this Lesson on the eTeach marketplace you are accepting agreement to these terms.